I was tagged by the Birb on Tumblr, but since I’m not really about how Tumblr posts things (and I really only use it to cross post my IG or the occasional spree re-posting when I actually go on there for more than a passing minute), I’m making the post here instead. Because hay, it’s what this journal is all about.
Rules: it’s time to love yourselves! choose your 5 favorite works you’ve created last year (fics, art, edits, etc) and link them below to reflect on the amazing things you’ve brought into the world in 2017. Tag as many writers/artists/etc as you want so we can spread the love and link each other to awesome work.
Now onto my five fav created thangs from last year…
01. So I really like of this shot of Nexus. It’s simple and not in any way dynamic I guess, but I dunno. It’s one of my favs of him to date and prolly one of my favs pics taken in general last year (not counting group things or shoppe stuff that is). I don’t know what it is, possibly his eye(s), but it just screams Nexus to me in every way.
02. Halloween Cosplay (I’m grouping this all as one). Considering everything that was going on, and the fact that we had to do a Chemo treatment on the actual day, I was damn proud of myself for getting these done in time, AND actually looking halfway decent as Fiona. Mostly though I was proud of being able to get that Ax Base done for the Chibi, from start to finish, in less than a week. It was (and still is) one of the largest props I’ve made from absolute scratch in such a short amount of time and I’m still surprised I managed it. Despite its many flaws that I’ll eventually fix, I’m pretty happy with it overall.
03. The Ghosts Eden OneShot comic I drew for the Rabbit, for Christmas. I had something far more epic planned for this, with many more pages and such, but after Mister was diagnosed with cancer life fell apart and I couldn’t do a lot of anything I’d planned. Originally I was going to abandon it until I could make it the epic I’d envisioned, but I decided I would finish up until a good cutting point and call it good. I may not be 100% happy with it since as said, it wasn’t as cool as I’d wanted it to be, but considering I’ll never truly be 100% happy with my works no matter how much time I may have to spend on them, I can step back as say I’m happy enough for this to be on the list.
The whole comic can be seen on A N G E L H U N T ->H E R E (on that note, I’ll also say I’m happy with the rest of that Christmas gift in the story shorts I’d done, because those were also things I’d been planning for a long time, but only just managed at the end. My two favs of them being Lasting Damage and Monster)
04. On the art note, this pic of Jun and Zephyr from the AU4/Rebirth storyline that I drew for Zeph’s Bday is one of the pics I’m actually still happy with, mainly because it’s one of the few times I had a certain pose in mind and actually managed to get said pose to happen. Drawing Jun with his back turned like that and his arm up screamed at every instinct to straighten, but I pushed through it and actually sort of got it right. Plus I just really like how they look in general in this, since it’s the first Rebirth art I’ve done of the boys in color.
05. I’m still working to sort through my picture folders, including the Christmas gifts I finished (I still have a few I haven’t finished, no surprise), but two of the gifts I did are my favs of them (counting these as one too, since they were made around the same time). The first is a dress I made for the Birb’s Pazuzu, which was inspired by a pic she’d posted. And the other is a jacket I made for the Rabbit’s Arch, inspired by my own head since I’d been thinking about it as a design for a good long while. Since I’d been so busy with Mister’s chemo and everything else, I wasn’t even sure I’d get any of the gifts done in time, but I somehow managed it AND got the patterning right on the first try, so yes. Still happy with them overall.
So yes, off hand those are the five top things I was happy with that I created last year. Granted a lot of the year was spent in a spiraling emotional downfall following the wake of Mister’s cancer diagnosis, so there might be other things I can’t immediately think about, but you know, a lot of last year was a bit dark so these will do for now.